Taking action shots of skiers who absolutely shred is a joy for me. It can be hard work, running all over the slope and sometimes in harsh weather. The fruit of all that effort is the still life freeze frame and some poetry in motion! This gallery is of my daughter Bella’s team Agenda Freeski. Bella has her own gallery at http://baconskis.com/
Rules to live by:
- Don’t miss getting the shot!
- Be in focus
- Get your verticals, vertical
- Remember the SD card you left in your computer
- Charge your batteries
- No “guy in the sky” photos
- No butt shots
- Use rule of thirds for shot composure
- Take more candids, and artsy pics with foreground elements
- Show take-off and landing as best you can
- Bring sunscreen, bottle of water, or… an umbrella and garbage bag to wear
- Get the shot!